Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Measuring Up

Last night as part of FHE, we got out our trusty measuring stick and had our annual see-how-much-you've-grown measuring. We try once a year (usually in late December or January) to measure the kids and mark it on our stick. A lot of people do this against a wall or something, but we decided if we had a stick it could follow us wherever we moved...


Brian asked each of the kids who they thought had grown the most in the past year. Everyone voted for themselves! Let the measuring begin.



The end results: Hayley grew the most: 3.75"!

Here's how they stand:

McKay: 4' 11.5" (he was quite disappointed that he hadn't made 5 feet yet)

Hannah: 4' 2.5"

Courtney: 3' 11"

Hayley: 3' 5"


I made them do some "line-up" pictures at the end (of course):


All a head taller from each other except for Hannah & Courtney!


They're growing, that's for sure. And always too quickly...

3 comments:

noelle said...

oh my. mckay is officially half an inch taller than me now! can't believe it. bruce's fam keeps trying to convince me that a handicap parking pass is what i need to get by in life...

Emily said...

Love the idea of the stick. I'll put Brad in charge of that right away! I love your kids. Even though I see them a lot, I still enjoy seeing them in your blog!

Melissa Oman said...

They are so cute! That is such a great idea. If you don't mind, I think I'll borrow ANOTHER one of your great ideas.