Thursday, November 19, 2009

Birthday Girl

It's a busy week for birthdays at our house! Courtney celebrated her 7th birthday this past Wednesday (6 days after McKay's birthday). She's growing up way too fast on me.

Unlike McKay, Courtney had a definite opinion on what kind of cake she wanted. She changed her mind several times (or I vetoed some of her ideas because they were too complicated for me), finally deciding on a poodle cake. I found one idea online and kind of tweaked it a little, ending up with this:


One thing I've learned about making cakes for my kids is that it usually doesn't matter how many mistakes I think it has -- the kids don't care and love it anyway.

It just so happened that one of her presents was a Webkinz pink poodle, so she thought that was pretty neat to match her cake.


She put the candles on herself and spaced them out pretty good! So it took a few blows to get them all out.


Lots of fun birthday presents -- she even got to go against tradition a little and open them before dinner because of Pack Meeting right after dinner. She and her sisters were really trying to figure out what they all were before opening them.

She was excited about this weaving loom from Uncle Tyler:


And she loves her new Webkinz friends.


This doll actually came from our apartments and was out for sale at a little garage sale we had at one point. She had seen it and wanted it, so she was very excited when we actually gave it to her.


Courtney is doing so great in 1st Grade this year -- she continues to amaze all of us. She still has her fierce independent streak and can be the most stubborn of any of us, but she's got a tender heart and a super sweet side to her as well. We love her dearly. While I always think my kids are growing up too fast, I can't wait to see what lies ahead for her -- watch out for this girl!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Glad she got the doll. Audrey will be insanely jealous! Happy Birthday Courtney!! We love you!!