It's taken me all week to get this up, but I had to record our family's recent black eye. The proud recipient of said black eye would be Courtney.
Courtney got her black eye by playing some kind of "Monkey in the Middle" game in the dark in the basement with a flashlight and her two visiting cousins. Apparently the flashlight was being thrown and managed to hit Courtney in the eye. She told me about it that night but all I saw was the little cut. In the morning, however, when I saw her my first thought was "Why in the world is Courtney wearing purple eye shadow?"
Then I realized it was actually a big ole bruise on her eyelid. She seemed pretty proud of it and had to tell anybody at church she had a black eye. She was even assigned to say the prayer in Primary and included in it that her "black eye would get better." And it did. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment