Monday, March 22, 2010

California Trip, Part 1

We're back from our Spring Break trip to California and trying to recover from a week-long vacation. I'm still unpacking and cleaning and grocery shopping, but wanted to try to get my pictures up before I forget the stories to tell with them! And as usual, I have a ton of pictures, so I will try to be somewhat selective and also break them up over several posts.

The first part of our trip was spent visiting Grandpa and Grandma Gold (and Uncle Tyler) in Ramona, as well as my brother Tim and his family, who happen to live right next door. I think the girls were just as excited to visit Grandpa and Grandma's dogs as they were all the relatives. But Grandpa and Grandma's two dogs, Samson and Sienna, are getting older and aren't particularly fond of excited children, so they spent a lot of time hiding outside. We did manage a couple of pictures.

Here's Samson (who runs as soon as he gets a hint of a camera):


And Sienna (who would only stand next to the girls if Grandma was standing there too):


Grandpa set up some really fun cot bunk-beds that the girls had a great time sleeping on (and playing on with their cousins):


There was also a mattress on the floor, so the 3 girls had to rotate through the beds and sleep in a different spot each night to make things fair. (McKay slept on the sofa pull-out in the other room.) It worked out well that we were there 3 nights!

We managed to find lots of fun things to do at Grandpa and Grandma's house. Courtney and Hayley loved Grandma's box full of old doll clothes (that she made for me and my sisters when we were little girls).


We played some games with Uncle Tyler:


And of course, the Wii was a big hit:


Tim brought over his Rock Band "stuff" for the Wii and we all had a great time jammin' out. Lego Rock Band was the favorite! This was my first time to try out Rock Band and it was a lot of fun, although I think I'll leave the drums to someone else, like Hannah, who was a natural at the drums!


We went to church and the girls each had a cousin to go to Primary with. We had to take a picture of the cousins together!


McKay and Brian got a trip in to Fry's, their favorite computer superstore and came home with some new gizmos and gadgets.

We left for Anaheim on Tuesday afternoon -- Disneyland's up next!

No comments: