Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fall Festival

Last weekend was the annual Fall Festival at the elementary school. This is probably the biggest fundraiser for the school PTO, so we do what we can to support it. We donate bags of candy, we donate money for auction items (although I am not one to actually bid on the auction baskets) and we pay money for the kids to participate in the carnival-type games. It adds up, but I suppose I'd rather be donating money to this type of event than having the kids have to do fundraisers and sell wrapping paper or boxes of chocolates or something. I know the PTO does a lot for the kids and the school.

This year I ended up just taking the girls and we only did the carnival -- we didn't pay extra for the dinner because I figured they probably wouldn't eat it anyway (it was BBQ). The carnival wasn't really big or elaborate, but the girls had fun and that's the most important.




The girls each got their face painted as well by some of the older middle school girls who were helping out.


As part of Fall Festival week, each class decorates a pumpkin to put on display. Last year as a room mom, I had the job of actually creating the pumpkin (see here for that post). I was glad to not have that responsibility this year and could just enjoy looking at the work of the other room moms.

Here are the girl's class pumpkins. Hayley's class did a Harley Davidson (and ended up winning with the most dollar "votes"). Her teacher has a Harley so it was perfect! (And there are several pumpkins in use here -- not just a single one.)


Courtney's class did a spider.


Hannah's class decided to create Shrek.


All in all, it was a fun evening!

No comments: