I've posted little stories in the past that both Hannah & Courtney have written. Yesterday after school, Hayley announced that she wanted to write a story so she set herself up at the computer and typed away. She asked me to spell a couple of words and then proudly read me her story when she was finished. I know I'm her mom, but I must say that I am impressed! It's not very long, but what a story for a 6-year-old! (And I love her title too!)
Hayley's Night Whispers
by Hayley Humpherys
On a cold night, Hayley was safe and warm in her bed when… The closet started shattering and big black shadows came creeping out of it. They got closer and closer and closer until they were so close to me they could almost touch me. I got out of bed and started following them… out the door and into the family room… and into the kitchen. I opend my eyes and was safe agen in my bed.
(She was also proud to inform me that she knows what the "three dots" are called!)
1 comment:
Awesome! That's better than a lot of my third-graders could do. Very impressive.
Post a Comment