Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Jump!

Last week at Cub Scout Pack Meeting, Courtney took along her jump rope because it was at a local park. My friend Susan was there and told the girls that she teaches a kid's jump rope class at the YMCA. She invited them to come once before we left -- of course they were so excited!


The class was yesterday evening. McKay was at a friend's house and we took Hayley to the kid's gym to play while the girls did the class. They had a great time (although I realized they haven't had much practice with jumping rope -- they need to work on the both feet together thing).



Here's one of them playing a "Snake" game where Susan swung the rope around in a circle and the kids tried to jump over it when it came to them.

Another thing I learned -- Courtney can jump! At the end they played another gamed called "Jump the River" where two ropes were laid parallel on the floor (making a "river" in between them) and the kids would jump over the ropes. Then the ropes would be made a little wider apart, and so on, until there was a good distance between them that the kids had to jump across (I didn't get any pictures of this because I was helping hold the ropes). Courtney did so awesome at this -- she has got some strong legs and can really jump! It must be all that frog-hopping she does everywhere!

No comments: