Sunday, November 9, 2008

Cuts & Curls

Last night we had an impromptu styling/makeover night with the girls. Brian's sister Julie was in town and after the girls had their baths, I asked Julie if she could trim an inch or two off Hannah's hair. (Julie is our great family stylist.)

Hannah got her her trimmed and then Hayley and Courtney both decided they wanted haircuts too. I was totally fine with this and especially happy that Julie was here to cut their hair instead of me. I always struggle to get the girl's hair straight (especially Hayley's) and feel so inadequate in the hair-cutting department.

Hayley went next -- a few inches off! She, of course, is the most wiggly patron, but she did pretty good.



This is why Julie is the expert and not me -- I have never felt like I could cut hair this precisely.


Here is our fabulous stylist!


Courtney went next. She told us she decided she wanted her hair really short (and she demonstrated by holding her hands up over the top of her ears). I said short was okay (and good for her hair which tangles so easily), but maybe not quite that short.

We took a "before" shot:


Getting the locks chopped off:



And the "after" look!


After haircuts were done, Julie wanted to see how their hair would curl with a curling iron. Of course the girls were thrilled -- I have never really done much in terms of curling their hair.

Here is Hannah with the "flip up" look (very cute on her):


And Courtney with the "curl under" look:


Hayley also got her hair curled a little, but it didn't take to the curling iron as well and she didn't like it, so we didn't get any pictures of her.

This morning the two older girls were so excited to have me curl their hair again for church. I did my best! Hayley decided she didn't want the curls, but she did pick out a "new" hand-me-down (and almost-too-small!) dress to wear.

So here are my beautiful girls this morning:




I don't know if they're going to want their hair curled for school this week, but they'll have to get up a few minutes early if they do!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

they all look so cute!

Unknown said...

I think they all look really cute. I think Courtney looks really cute with short hair, I think it suits her.