I'm not sure I really want to be blogging about this little incident that happened this morning -- it's not exactly something I'm proud of, you know? But blogging is all about life and life sometimes includes some pretty dumb mistakes, right? So add this one to my list...
Saturday morning is gymnatics/dance class for the girls at 9:00am. So that means we're usually madly rushing around to make it out the door on time. This morning was no exception. Hop in the van and GO! Usually I back up into a little side/extended section of our driveway (by the basketball hoop) to turn around, but Brian's parents are visiting and were parked there, so I had to back all the way out of the driveway to turn around on the gravel section. (Hmmm, maybe I can blame this on them... just kidding!)
I'm zooming out, looking over my right shoulder (only) when there's a big thud on my left. Oops. Minivan, meet the gate pole:
I hop out, pick up the rear-view mirror on the ground...
...notice that the outer casing for the rear-view mirror is a little loose and off we go (we're going to be late, remember?)
Later my friend stopped by and I told her what happened. When I talked to her on the phone later and asked her if she noticed the mirror, she said "Yeah, and I saw the dent too." Dent? What dent? Yikes.
Out to the van for another look. Yep, a dent and scratch over the front wheel:
And a nice big scratch and dent along the driver's side door too.
Oh dear.
Lesson learned from this mistake? I hope so. Will there be more mistakes? Most certainly. Scratches and dents and broken mirrors -- that's what life is all about, right? :-)
4 comments:
I think we all have those little dents/scratches in our cars. :) It could have been worse, I guess, so count your blessings that it was minor!
once right after i got my license i was backing a truck into our driveway to load with stuff when i hit the wood beam that holds the roof up. it nearly broke in half and came off it's cement stand thing. and my dad was out of town. so my mom and i had to wing it and fix it. i think there's still some masking tape holding the splinters in over the glue under all that paint!
On Sunday, me and a BRICK mailbox!! Who makes mailboxes out of brick!? Didn't hurt the mailbox, but I scratched up our bumper pretty good.
oh, yes. i'm good at collecting these on my car. at least once a week, bruce is like, "so what happened here?"
Post a Comment