Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pumpkin Baking

I've tried two new pumpkin recipes this fall and have LOVED them both! You need to try them! (And sorry the pictures aren't so great -- food photography is one area I still need some practice in!)



Frosted Pumpkin Cookies

1 C. butter
½ C. brown sugar
½ C. white sugar
1 C. canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 C. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. salt

Frosting
3 Tbs. butter
½ C. brown sugar
¼ C. milk
2 C. powdered sugar

Cream sugars and butter. Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Add remaining ingredients. Drop spoonfuls onto non-greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
Frosting: Boil butter and brown sugar until mostly smooth (2-3 min.). Cool and add milk and powdered sugar or until desired consistency. Whip with hand mixer until smooth. Spread onto cookies.



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

2 C. flour
2 C. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
4 eggs, beaten
2 C. (1 can) canned pumpkin
1 C. cooking oil
2/3 C. chocolate chips

Mix together. Fill muffin cups and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Makes 2 dozen muffins.

Delicious!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I am usually not a big pumpkin fan, but it has grown on me more recently. I'll definitely have to try the muffins - if it has chocolate chips in it, it has to be good, right?!

Ashley said...

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins?? Really!! Wonder if we'd eat those. Like Amy said, if it has chocolate chips in it, it has to be good. I have yet to try my hand at pumpkin recipes other than your basic pumpkin pie.

Melissa Oman said...

Those look so yummy. I can't wait to try them. You seem to find the greatest recipes. We are still loving the ones that I ended up with from Bunko night.

Ashley said...

definately going to try those cookies! wow they look so yummy!