So I was sorting laundry this afternoon and began to notice a pattern as I placed clothes in each kid's pile. It went something like this... pink, pink, pink, blue, purple, pink, pink, etc.

With three girls we sure get a lot of pink around here. I'm not sure what it is about little girls and pink. It's not like I push pink on them -- I'm all for a pretty shade of blue or green. But I suppose pink is the preferred "princess" and "ballerina" color and what little girl doesn't dream about that? (And although they do make boy clothes in pink these days, I don't see McKay requesting that anytime soon -- I think he gets enough pink as it is.)
I have one little princess in particular whose laundry pile was pretty much 100% pink today.

This little girl has probably the highest preference for pink out of all my girls. Gotta love pink!
With three girls we sure get a lot of pink around here. I'm not sure what it is about little girls and pink. It's not like I push pink on them -- I'm all for a pretty shade of blue or green. But I suppose pink is the preferred "princess" and "ballerina" color and what little girl doesn't dream about that? (And although they do make boy clothes in pink these days, I don't see McKay requesting that anytime soon -- I think he gets enough pink as it is.)
I have one little princess in particular whose laundry pile was pretty much 100% pink today.
This little girl has probably the highest preference for pink out of all my girls. Gotta love pink!
3 comments:
Well, at least your girls will wear clothes that aren't pink. My 3-year old niece, Camila, will not wear ANYTHING if it's not pink. She has a pink car seat, pink coat, pink boats, pink mittens, and EVERYTHING is pink!! The total opposite of my girl, who never owned pink (thanks to her dad) and STILL doesn't own anything pink!!
I used to NOT be a fan of pink. But it has grown on me... having a baby girl will do that to you, I guess! Not to mention the fact that it would be nearly impossible to find things for her that are NOT pink. Okay, it might be possible, but it would be very, very difficult. So I gave in, and pink doesn't bother me anymore!
love it. i hear you on the avalanche of this color when it comes to girls. there has been an illegal amount of pink at our house since m's birth into the world.
Post a Comment