Friday, June 12, 2009

It's Up!

The windmill tower has officially been lifted!


I actually missed seeing it happen as I was at Relief Society Enrichment night at the time. I hope to get it on video the next time it's lowered/raised.

Those are some pretty heavy-duty bolts at the base:


And 75 feet is a long way up!



We were able to spot the tower from quite a ways away today as we were driving back home. Now it just needs a wind turbine attached to the top of it (easy for me to say!).

Our brother-in-law Brandon took some pictures yesterday evening (he was here for the excitement) and I thought I'd share a couple of his too:




Like all things, it's turned into a much bigger, more time-consuming project than we ever anticipated. But hopefully it will be worth all the effort!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

One word: WOW!

noelle said...

i second the emotion: wow.