Last Friday we celebrated Brian's birthday (I won't say how old he's getting these days, but he's still older than me!). We all got to spend the whole day with him too, thanks to the big snow storm that came through the day before and the kids having school canceled again.
Brian spent a chunk of his day working outside to clear out snow (see my last post). We had been planning to go out that evening with our good friends Brad & Emily, as it happened to be Brad's birthday too, but we weren't sure if we could get out with the road conditions. Brian had to go run some errands in the afternoon and he said he thought we'd be okay in the 4WD truck. We checked to make sure the restaurant and theater were still open (they were) and since babysitters were taken care of, we decided to brave the weather and roads after all.
Before we left for the evening, we had to sing "Happy Birthday"!
We picked up Brad & Emily (and cute baby Lucy who tagged along) and went to dinner at a Thai/Chinese restaurant. It was yummy!
After dinner, we went to see "Avatar" in 3D at the movie theater. I thought the 3D part was pretty cool -- it took a little bit to get used to at the beginning, but it was a neat effect. And we all enjoyed the movie. It was a fun double date -- something we haven't done in a long time. (Thanks, Brad, for having the same birthday as Brian!)
I am very grateful to have Brian in my life. He is my hero who can do anything, fix anything, and save the day if needed. He is a wonderful dad to our kids -- I love to watch him play and interact with them. And they love him to pieces, just like I do.
I think I was going to post this video last year on his birthday but never did get it up, so I thought I'd share it now. I put this together for Father's Day a few years ago. Happy Birthday Brian!
No comments:
Post a Comment