Sunday, February 28, 2010

Forgive and Forget

Last night I went to the adult session of Stake Conference, so the kids were left in charge of themselves with a movie to watch. (Brian, unfortunately, couldn't come with me as he ran into problems installing the new propane water heater and had an open gas line that he was missing some fittings or something for so he was off searching hardware stores.)

We have left them alone before for short periods of time and they are all old enough now that I don't worry too much -- usually they are just fine. When I got home last night, McKay made a comment that Courtney and Hannah had been in a little "fight" while I was gone. I never did get the details of what exactly happened between them, but as I was getting beds ready, I saw this little note folded up and left on Hannah's pillow:

Dear Hannah,

I am so sorry. I might even cry.

Your horrible dumb sister


When Hannah found the note, she went off to the other room and wrote a reply (her spelling):

Dear Courtney,

You are not horrible, selfish and definity not dumb. Courtney I'm sorry for hitting you and I wanted to make a club in the bedroom so I snuk into dad's office and I thought I took the keys to our bedroom. And then you came in, and, well you know what.

Your very sorry sister Hannah H.


I still have no idea what exactly happened and unfortuately, clashes between these two happen more often than I would like. But, I love that they can forgive and make amends all on their own. Sometimes I almost have anxiety attacks thinking about my girls as teenagers with all the hormones that will be in our house. But I hope and I pray that they will continue to learn to forgive each other and be great friends.


1 comment:

Emily said...

Those notes are great! Looking forward to seeing you next weekend! You're my motivation to get a lot done this week!