Friday, May 7, 2010

McKay Memories

I was working today on finally updating the little journal files I keep for each of the kids. I started these when Hannah was a baby in order to help me remember some of the funny things the kids were doing and saying. I'm ashamed to admit that in the last couple of years I haven't done a very good job at keeping up on them. I need to do better!

Today I happened to read through the beginning of McKay's file, which I started when he was about 2-1/2 years old. I recorded a lot of stuff about that little boy! And some of it was just so funny. I'm so glad I did because there is NO way I would have ever remembered these things (and again, it makes me feel bad for Hayley who doesn't have nearly as many entries!)

Some of them made me laugh so hard that I thought it would be fun to share a few here and there. And maybe throw in a picture from when he was that age.

So here we go with the first installment of McKay memories.

Fall 2001 (age 2 1/2 - 3)

*McKay uses his little tape measure to measure things (my head, arm, etc.) – and everything is always "30 pounds!"

* McKay was playing “doctor” and was “fixing” various parts of me. I was barefoot and so he started working on my feet. I asked him what was wrong with my feet and he said I had some “fingernails,” then he paused for a minute and said “feet nails!”

* McKay sat down in my lap and I started to tickle him. He said “No. Only Dads tickle. Moms don’t tickle.” So I asked him what moms do. He said “Cook. Go places with McKay and Hannah. Go get the mail. Go anywhere you want to go with McKay and Hannah.”

* McKay uses the word “whobody” for “who” (i.e. “whobody dropped the paper?”)

* We were all outside working in the yard. McKay got the little garden trowel and was digging in the mulch. Brian asked him what he was doing and McKay said, “I’m doing something dangerous.”

2 comments:

noelle said...

i've been terrible about blog reading! i am going to be a better cyberspace friend! i love, love, LOVE this post about mckay. hilarious and sweet. look how darling he is!!!

Sandra said...

Love the picture! And kudos to you for doing that, since we really don't remember what we think we will (unfortunately).