Monday, May 31, 2010

Piano Recital

I'm really late in getting this posted, but I hadn't transferred the video over until tonight. Back at the first of May, we went to the annual piano recital for Hannah & Courtney (the two who took lessons this year). McKay decided not to take lessons this year, but focused on trombone at school instead (which he has done very well with).

The girls were both excited for the recital. Courtney was up very first. She played two pieces, "Fiesta" and "Morning Has Broken."



Hannah was a little later in the program. She played "Sonatina," which she had been working on for quite a while.



The recital marked the end of their formal lessons for the summer (their teacher travels a lot, so she doesn't teach over the summer). I haven't pushed piano since then, but I'm hoping I can motivate them to play and practice some over the summer. Wish me luck with that!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Awesome! Great job girls!

Betsy said...

The girls sound great!

jowo said...

very nice, very brave

goldmania said...

Great job! :)