Saturday, June 19, 2010

Missing

Two things went missing this past week.

1. My baby's first tooth:


She was SO excited when that loose tooth finally came out. She had asked Daddy to try to pull it out about a week ago, but it just wasn't ready yet. She couldn't wait to put it under the pillow for the tooth fairy. This morning when she proudly showed me her dollar bill, she told me she heard a "twinkle, twinkle" at the window and that she really hadn't been asleep, just pretending. Love this girl -- she'll always be my baby.

2. My glasses:



I was finally fed up with glasses sliding down my sweaty nose as I huff and puff through my running training, so I went to see about contacts. It's been 20 years or so since I wore contact lenses and it feels a little strange going back to them! (And it also felt strange hearing the eye doctor tell me that now that I'm almost in my 40's - gasp! - I might not be able to wear contact lenses for very many more years.)

McKay told me I look different and weird -- the girls told me I look "pretty." Girls always know better, right?

I've also let my hair grow just long enough now that I can pull it back in a ponytail (with several escaping wisps). (That is a result of the sweaty neck!)

No comments: