Friday, June 11, 2010

Pets and More Pets

For a family who didn't have any pets of any kind for a long, long time, we sure seem to be making up for lost time. Just thought I'd post a quick update in the pet department.

The two dogs are still doing well. We have to keep them out in the dog run for the most part because they've run too far off a couple of times. I've got a couple of weeks left in a basic obedience class I've been doing with Lupin. He's done really well. I've tried to do some of the same training with Bear, but he's got a few personality "quirks" so he's not catching on so quickly.


Brian and I have to open our bedroom windows every night because we don't have any A/C currently on that side of the house (a situation which I hope is fixed fairly soon or it is going to be a very long, hot summer). Every time we open the windows, we see some friendly faces. (They usually come around on the other side of the glass with their noses right against the screen.)


And there's no shortage of other dogs around here between family, workers and a stray that keeps showing up, when the kids need a new furry face to play with for a minute.


The kitty gets lots and love and attention (probably more than she wants at times), especially since so far she's been kept strictly indoors.


She is constantly finding new spots to explore and stretch out for a little nap.



And now we have fish too. Well, had, except for one that's left. Hannah got to bring a goldfish home from school and that got the other girls wanting their own fish. So off we went to the pet store for them to each buy a few goldfish as well.

Needless to say, the goldfish only lasted a few days (not surprising, especially since they were only in jars with no filter). But at least they only cost about 15 cents each. And we even replaced them once, but the second set didn't last much longer.




Hannah decided to spend some of her saved money and get a little tank with a divider and two betta fish. I kept thinking I needed to take some pictures, but hadn't yet and just tonight one of them (the bigger, prettier one) was found floating. I guess we're just not fish people.

Now everyone is telling me we need to get a cow or a horse or chickens or something. Yeah, yeah.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Ooooh, chickens!! I miss our chickens that we tended to in Washington. There was nothing better than gathering fresh eggs every week. Fairly easy to take care of!