Thursday, July 29, 2010

Swimming Lessons

The girls just started on their second session of swimming lessons, so I thought I'd better hurry up and put up some pictures from their first session. We're doing back-to-back sessions this year (two weeks each) and overall they seem to like it.



Hayley has shown no fear of the water and jumps right in.




Courtney was feeling a little discouraged at one point that she was the youngest in her group and it was "too hard," but she is doing better and is working on changing her doggie paddle stroke to a regular freestyle. It helps that she absolutely loves her new teacher for this session.




Hannah had some initial fear of the deep water and going off the diving board. She seemed to overcome that a little and is becoming more confident where she can't touch the bottom.





We've gone swimming a couple of times just for fun as well -- we need to get out more often but it seems that there's always stuff going on and work to do at home. I'm really enjoying that the kids are old enough now to be more independent in the water and not need me in there with them constantly. I get in sometimes, but it's nice to also sit in a pool chair and read while they splash around!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Looks like you guys are having a fun summer! I can't wait for Scarlett to be big enough to get in the pool! Great pictures!