A couple of weeks ago we met up with some of Brian's family for an evening at Wonderland, the little amusement park here in Amarillo. They are only open in the evenings, but it's a small enough place that you can pretty much see what there is during those 3 hours. And it's usually not so crowded that there are a lot of lines, although I think it was more crowded this time than when we went last year.
Here are the girls excitedly waiting for the park to open:
The little "kiddie" rides are right at the entrance so that is where the girls went right off. First up was the carousel and the "frop hopper" ride (which Hannah wouldn't go on):
Then the girls wanted to do the little helicopter ride. They were the only kids on the entire ride since the park had just opened and yet they decided to all squish in the same helicopter!
The bumper cars were a big hit for everyone and earned a second ride for several of us:
Brian and some of the kids on the Wonderwheel:
Courtney and McKay are definitely the bravest when it comes to fast/whirling/spinning rides. Hannah flat-out refuses to go on them and Hayley tried a few but ended up screaming the whole time and hating them. I even went on the "Tilt-a-Whirl" with Courtney & Hayley but about got sick to my stomach (Hayley hated it too). I guess I'm getting too old. But Courtney would have riden about any ride in the park -- and more than once if she could. She was willing to go on a lot of the "thrill" rides all by herself too if no one would go with her.
Hayley decided she liked the slower-paced rides much better, like the tram and "people mover" ride (can't remember what they're officially called).
And of course, Hannah's absolute favorite ride is still the "Fiesta Swings". And Hayley was so upset that she was still too short to ride it again this year. (Actually, I realized that have never ridden it either since I would wait it out with Hayley.) I think Hannah managed to ride this one 4 or 5 times with different people. Good thing the lines aren't long!
No comments:
Post a Comment