Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Party

Last weekend our neighbors held their anual pumpkin party. They put on a big event every year (I think this is the 21st year) and invite lots of people. They hold it out in their barn (which has been modified to include a living area on one side) and bring in a big truckload of pumpkins. Each kid gets to pick a pumpkin, then sit down on the barn floor and carve it!

We didn't make it last year (because Brian and the kids were picking me up from the airport that evening), so everyone was excited to go this year. Jana, Ashley and their kids also came along this year.

First step is to scoop out the insides.



Then draw on the face and carve it out. I was impressed that each of my kids did all of their own carving!




The finished pumpkins:





Then everybody takes their pumpkins outside and puts in a candle and sets them on a little hill.

Flash on:


Flash off:

Our 4 pumpkins!


2 comments:

Melissa Oman said...

What a fun thing to do. Your kids did an awesome job on their pumpkins. That is really impressive. =) Have a Happy Halloween!!

Emily said...

Miss you! Cute pumpkins! Can't wait to see them tomorrow! It is at your house? Right? I'm sure I'll call you on my way up!