We got a call from the school nurse last Thursday that Courtney had fallen off the swings at recess and that her arm was possibly broken. So I went to pick her up. The nurse had Courtney try to move her arm, etc. and told me she wouldn't be surprised if it was broken. I'll admit that part of me was a bit skeptical because I know Courtney, but she had obviously hurt it to some extent. And so I felt like there wasn't much to do besides go have an x-ray done.
I took her to an Urgent Care clinic. They did a couple of x-rays there and the doctor said he did not see any obvious breaks, but he wanted to send the x-rays to a radiologist for a report (and of course that means they'll take more of my money). He told us to have her wear a sling for a week (and of course they'll take a ridiculous amount of my money for the little sling too).
Fortunately, the radiologist's report also showed that no bones were broken. So we are grateful for that. Courtney has enjoyed all the extra attention from her sling and her arm seems just fine. We'll continue with our no major injury status!
1 comment:
That is a pretty good record - I hope you can keep it up. Your thanksgiving looked great. I love it that your kids were so "thankful" for all you did. Classic!
Post a Comment