Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Double Digits and a Binary Birthday to Boot!

Hannah will always have a "binary birthday," seeing as how she was born on 01-10-01 at 11:11am, no less. But this year was an extra special binary birthday because she turned 10 on 01-10-11!

She was very excited about her binary birthday and requested a "binary cat cake" this year. Hmmm. Not much luck finding ideas for that one online! So I drew a couple of sketches for her and she told me she liked this one:


It's definitely not my cutest cake creation, but we were going for the simplistic, binary theme. I tried to make the 01-10-11 in a different color from the rest of the cat, but a lot of it ended up blending all together anyway. Oh well -- she seemed to like it!

She couldn't wait to open her presents after school that day.


She is still our cat girl and still loves the Warriors series of books. I think she has read the entire series (which is probably close to 25 books now) at least 3 times through. Here she is with the newest book (that she hasn't read yet) and a Webkinz cat from Grandma and Grandpa.


Her big present this year was a Nintendo DS system. She has been asking for one for a couple of years now and I have resisted. She was able to play with her cousin's DS while they were visiting and I could tell she really enjoyed it. She didn't get a "big" present for Christmas, so I gave in and decided to see what was on eBay. I ended up finding a used DS system (pink!) that came with 3 games for a pretty good price. I happened across it just before the auction was ending, so I was able to put in a bid and ended up getting it. And you can see what she thought of it:


Can you just hear the squeals? Alas, the big problem now is the tears and arguing over whose turn it is to use it. (And the other main thing she asked for? A Kindle. Yep. But she didn't get that one.)

Here she is with all of her birthday loot:


Time for some binary cat cake!


Double digits - finally! This girl cannot wait to grow up.


Make a wish!



I hope all of your wishes come true, sweet Hannah. We love you!

No comments: