While we had the family in Dallas for McKay's Geography Bee, we decided to make a fun weekend of it and take the kids to Six Flags Over Texas. My sister-in-law Julie and niece Ashley decided to join us with their kids, so we ended up getting a pretty good group ticket price.
This was the first time we had been to Six Flags. I was hoping it wouldn't be too crowded since it was early April, but seeing that it was a Saturday it ended up being fairly crowded (although my niece told me it's worse in the summer). And I was hoping it wouldn't be too hot since it was early April, but it ended up being pretty hot (although I'm sure that is also worse in the summer).
Here we are near the entrance.
Our first stop was the area with the little-kid rides. Hayley enjoyed most of these, as well as Courtney (although they were plenty tame for Courtney's taste).
McKay is probably just wondering what we're doing here.
And I can't remember what Hayley was sad about here...
And then there's Hannah. Poor Hannah. She has decided that she absolutely, positively, hates any ride that has any kind of drop in it whatsoever -- even a tiny one. Spinining, she can handle, But drops -- no way. (Which kind of surprises me because she loves it when I take the van through the dip in the road at a little bit faster pace.) She went on the first ride we came to (a truck ride) and it was funny to see her squish herself into one of the trucks.
Then we saw the little-kid tea cups and she was so excited -- "I love tea cups!" she tells me. But when she went to get on with Hayley & Courtney, she found out she was just barely too tall (probably less than an inch over). She was SO sad to have to watch her sisters enjoy without her.
And then we saw the little-kid swings. Hannah was jumping for joy -- this is her very favorite ride EVER. But, alas, she was told again that she was just barely too tall. She dissolved into tears on the spot. I asked the worker if they had a big-kid version of the swings and she told me no, but we later found out that there was and Hannah rode it at least 3 times.
The girls and I went on the little Ferris Wheel before we moved on.
After the little-kid rides, we decided to split up. McKay and Courtney wanted to go on some bigger roller coasters, so Brian took them and I headed off with Hannah and Hayley. We became the tame-ride trio. Both Hannah & Hayley took us for a little scenic drive in this gas-powered cars (on a track).
We passed by this raft ride that spun you around a bit. Hannah really wanted to ride it (no drops involved!), but Hayley and I didn't. (Since our trip to Wonderland in Amarillo last summer, I've decided that the spinning rides just don't agree with me anymore.) So we watcher her get spun around (she rode it twice even).
And I realize it doesn't look like the park was crowded, but this was still early in the day. I did notice that the lines for the smaller rides really weren't bad -- it was the big coasters that had a long wait. Brian and McKay probably waited an hour each time to ride two different coasters.
Pausing for a picture on a really big chair!
My tame girls on the Carousel:
We met up with everybody for lunch (it kills me how much they can charge for food inside an amusement park) and then decided to ride the train that loops around the break for a little break from walking in the heat.
Then we split up again. This time Courtney decided to stay with me, so Brian and McKay headed off for another long wait for a roller coaster. We found a few more small rides with not-too-long lines.
Courtney wanted to ride this rodeo ride (very similar to a Tilt-a-Whirl), so the rest of us watched her enjoy it!
We did find the big tea cups, so Hannah was able to go on those with Courtney (Hayley opted to sit out and watch with me). Then it was time for a popsicle break!
We happened to be up toward the main entrance of the park when they did a "Dance Party" with several of the characters, so the girls joined in.
And we got to see Porky Pig & Scooby Doo up close!
By late afternoon, the kids were hot and tired and begging to go back to the hotel and swim in the hotel pool. Brian was hot and tired of standing in long lines. (He tells me it's going to be a long time before he goes to another amusement park -- just don't tell him I already bought the Wonderland tickets for this summer through the school fundraiser!)
1 comment:
Looks like you all had lots of fun!!
Post a Comment