Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Gremlins

I've decided we must have had some gremlins visit our house while we were gone because we keep discovering more and more things that have stopped working or are on the verge of not working.

First, the fridge. (You know about that already.)
Brian's computer stopped working (he has a big cooling system that quit and he is still diligently working to fix).
We've noticed that our TV receiver volume is way off and could indicate that something's not right.
I tried to print something in color this evening to discover that the printer won't turned on even though it is plugged in.
Our dishwasher isn't draining right (although this problem started before our trip).
McKay's sewing machine wouldn't work and we had to send it back for a replacement (also before the trip).
The CD-ROM drive on my computer has been acting up a little.
And to top it all off, a lightbulb over the kitchen table burned out during dinner tonight (supposedly one of those that lasts 5 years or something).

What's next? I'm afraid to even venture a guess...

I feel like I'm in the middle of chaos right now -- the house is such a disaster and so many things to be done. Still recovering from our trip! I have gotten absolutely no cleaning done this week and probably won't. Oh well. I'm so anxious to post pictures and a report of our trip but for now it will have to wait a little bit longer.

No comments: