Last night we went to the presentation of the 3rd Grade program, 'Twas One Crazy Night Before Christmas."
(You might notice as we did that someone put the apostrophe in 'Twas in the wrong place. Oops.)
McKay had a fairly long speaking part -- and the very first part of the program to boot! He was one of the narrators, and got to sit in the arm chair on the stage while he said his part. It was similar to the beginning of the poem "The Night Before Christmas," but with other stuff written in.
We were too far back in the audience to take any good pictures during the performance, but after it was over, we went up on the stage so I could take some shots of McKay on the set.
This one is of McKay and the girls behind one of the props they brought out during one scene to represent jail cells (for the "imposter Santas").
It was a cute show!
After we got home from the program, we let Courtney open one of her birthday presents early (which also turned out to be a good incentive for the girls to behave themselves during the program). We are bringing most of her presents with us to Utah where we'll have her cake a couple of days after her birthday, but I didn't want to bring this present due to size.
She was so excited to get her own scooter!
(Hannah was excited too because now Courtney won't borrow hers anymore.) Courtney already had a name picked out for her pink scooter - "Flowers" (Hannah's scooter has a name as well - "Fasty").
I also wanted to share these couple of other pictures. This one is Hayley's nap a couple of days ago -- the first time I think she has fallen asleep not completely on her bed!
And these next two are of the girls with their homemade coloring books. I bought new coloring books yesterday for the road trip and when I wouldn't let the girls start coloring in them, Hannah decided that she would make her own coloring books for Courtney and Hayley. She made one about puppies and one about kittens.
I thought she did a great job with the drawings! She told me she had to keep telling herself NOT to color the pictures in as she drew them. :-)
This will be my last post for a little bit at least. We're off on our big trek later this afternoon/evening. I might try to post from Utah, but we'll see! Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment