Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Little Girls and Flowers

We have some little girls in our family who LOVE flowers -- especially picking them -- and even more especially picking the ones they aren't supposed to pick. There is one little girl in particular (who goes by the name of Hayley) who is quite fond of picking flowers (or berries, or leaves, etc.).

I let the girls pick some wildflowers the other day and Courtney wanted to wear one in her hair (it didn't stay very long, but it was pretty!).


We have talked about how some flowers aren't for picking -- just for looking and smelling -- but Hayley will pick just about any flower she sees. The other day, she plucked off a couple from the nice pots at the entrance of the elementary school.

Today I had her with me in the stroller when I went to vote at the school and she tried and tried to reach those potted flowers as we went in. On our way back to the van, we passed a wild berry bush, so she begged me to stop and let her out so she could gather her handfuls:


We even have a pretty bouquet of flowers on our table right now because of these two flower-loving girls.



We read a book recently about tulips and Courtney wanted to know where you could get tulips. I told her I thought they had some at the grocery store at times. The next time she was with me at Wal-Mart, she remembered we were going to get flowers and she and Hayley begged me to go to the flower display. They didn't have any tulips, so they picked out this little bouquet and we brought them home to brighten our table!

No comments: