Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Final Stretch

I'm not sure how much longer we're going to have computers and Internet access, so I wanted to post once more before we leave. Yikes! I can't believe we only have a couple of days left. I thought we were making pretty good progress on the packing, but now that we're down to the wire it seems like there's still so much left to do. (And poor Brian has been so tied up with other things the last couple of days he hasn't got as much of the office or garage packed yet as he wanted to.)

Our plans are to load up the truck and trailer tomorrow evening, clean Friday morning, close on the house early Friday afternoon and then head out of town! We'll be spending Friday night in Ft. Worth and traveling the rest of the way to Amarillo on Saturday. My dad arrives tomorrow afternoon to help us drive the truck (thanks, Dad!). We're not sure yet if we'll have room to fit the kids in or not. :-) Just kidding -- we're just not sure which vehicles they all will be riding in. We might try to take the seats out of the van and load it up with stuff and have the girls ride in the back seat of the Xterra and McKay in the truck with Grandpa. We'll see!

Here are a few final pictures...

Box central in the dining room (I think we will have lots of leftover boxes):



(Almost) empty pantry:



And the garage getting filled up!



I'd better get back to work. See you next time from the Texas panhandle!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Good luck! And drive carefully!

Amy said...

wow - I can't believe it's really happening! Good luck with everything - I'll be thinking of you!!