Last night was a really pretty sunset -- lots of pinks and purples in the sky. I only got to see the tail end of it (and almost missed it in the picture) but Brian said he saw it a little earlier and it was really neat. If only we had known what was coming...
A thunderstorm starting coming through later that night -- probably about 11:30pm or so. It died down a little and then came back with a vengeance about an hour or so later. It woke me up and I had a harder time than usual going back to sleep. I usually like lying in bed and listening to thunderstorms outside, but last night was the first time I think I started to get nervous about a storm (maybe it's partly all the tornado stuff recently too). The wind really blows the rain hard against the windows -- and we have a LOT of windows -- so I think that makes it sound more fierce than it actually is.
But last night there was also lightning going on like crazy -- just flash after flash --so bright it would just light up our room (like I said, we have a lot of windows!). There wasn't a whole lot of thunder compared to the amount of lightning, however. I started worrying about our little house turning into a lightning rod as it sits sort of up on a hill with no trees around.
I was finally able to get back to sleep (our kids are sound sleepers so none of them woke up during any of this) and when we got up extra early this morning to drive to Lubbock for our ward temple trip (I'll post more about that later), it was still raining, but more of a steady drizzle at that point.
Never a dull moment!
2 comments:
I llike the new picture on the front!! cute cute!! looks like amarillo is fun for the kids!! all that space to explore! My dad was offended that you didnt mention how HE got the truck up the hill.. lol he was very proud of that! Are you liking your house?
Love the new picture, too!! And what a beautiful sunset!
Post a Comment