Courtney started taking piano lessons this fall when school started. She has been doing okay, but already I'm struggling with getting her motivated to practice. (She seems to have picked up quite well on her older brother and sister's dislike for piano practice.)
Recently, our stake had a Nativity Display at the Stake Center. Our piano teacher was given a time in the afternoon for her students to perform Christmas pieces. Hannah refused to go (she claimed she didn't know her song well enough), but Courtney was willing to play. I think this was her first "recital" in front of other people. (And McKay even played a couple of songs on his trombone.)
Courtney played "Angels We Have Heard on High." I had her play it for me at home to record it. She made a few mistakes here (I just love the sigh in the middle!), but she did great at the nativity!
No comments:
Post a Comment