We had a bit of a surprise last week with a snowstorm that came barrelling into the Texas panhandle. Since we've lived here, we've never had snow in November, and this was a lot (several inches) of heavy, wet snow.
Thursday night I woke up several times to the sound of thunder and rain hitting our windows. When I got up Friday morning, there was still some thunder and lightning, but when I looked outside to see how wet everything was, I was very surprised to see snow on the ground and falling from the sky.
I got the kids up and was thinking we would have to drive them to meet the bus (the bus doesn't go on our dirt roads when they are wet and muddy) when we got a phone call that school would be starting an hour late. (I wish we would got those messages before we prod the kids out of bed.)
Brian took the kids down to meet the bus, but it didn't come and it didn't come, so he finally just drove them into school. When the kids got home later that day, they couldn't wait to get out in the snow and play. The kids have coats, but not really much else in the way of snow clothes -- no boots, snow pants or very warm (waterproof) gloves. So they layered and layered and still maanged to have a grand time despite getting wet and cold.
No comments:
Post a Comment