Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween

Halloween has come and gone, so I'd better hurry and get up the pictures before we get into November birthdays and Thanksgiving!

Halloween was pretty low-key this year. The kids pulled out the box of costumes and in the end, kept things very simple. I think Courtney and Hayley changed their minds many times as to which costume they would wear.

We started out the weekend on Saturday morning with frosting sugar cookies (which I have by now eaten WAY more than my share of!).



Saturday evening was our ward's Trunk 'R Treat. Here are the costumes we ended up with.


Hayley as a bumble bee (an old costume I made for Hannah's kindergarten program several years ago):


Courtney as a rabbit (she surprised me with this simple last-minute choice -- she found the ears in the box and just went for the pink clothes to match):


Hannah as a cat (the only thing Halloween-related we bought was the little mask/tail set for her):

And McKay as... hmm... he wasn't even sure how to label himself (initially he said Orville Wright because that what the hat was first used for several years ago, but then he just went with "businessman" I think):

Then it was off to the church for Trunk -R Treat (have to take the truck so we can sit on the tailgate!):



The girls and some friends taking a break in the back of the truck:


And home again to dump out, sort and swap treats!


I thought this was so cute too. The girls decided many weeks ago that their favorite stuffed animals also had to have Halloween costumes so they got out the fabric scraps and made these all by themselves.


Hannah with Fluffy the pumpkin:

Courtney with Buddy the ladybug:

And Hayley with Pandy the ghost:


Halloween Sunday was a great day, not because we did anything Halloween-related, but because it was our ward's Primary Sacrament Meeting Program. I thought it went so well and all the Primary kids did absolutely wonderful. So many kids had parts memorized (especially the little ones!) and the songs were beautiful. I'm always glad when that day is over, but also a bit sad too. It was a wonderful Sunday!

No comments: