We decided to take a little detour Monday on our drive from NM up to UT and stop at Four Corners. It was probably only 30 miles or so out of the way and since it wasn't the middle of the night, we figured we might as well stop. I had been there once as a teenager but Brian had never been there (nor the kids obviously).
McKay had heard about Four Corners and always thought the concept of standing in four states at once was very intriguing, so he was especially excited when we told him we were going to stop.
We had to pay an entrance fee (it is managed as part of one of the Indian Reservations) and there were only a handful of people there.
We took a few pictures and were on the road again!
(I don't think Brian was very impressed, but I'm glad we stopped -- hopefully it made at least a small memory for the older kids.)
No comments:
Post a Comment