McKay has been working through some of the projects in the kid's sewing book he got for his birthday with his half-size sewing machine. He seems to go in little spurts of sewing practice. (He hasn't done much recently with all the new Christmas stuff to check out.)
I told him I wanted him to work through the projects in the book in order, since they gradually build on concepts and introduce new things. He hasn't been that excited about all the projects, but he has done them. His latest project was making a "button dog."
Here he is hard at work sewing around the shapes:
And re-threading the needle on the machine:
And pausing for a picture for Mom:
This is his finished dog project. He told me he didn't really like how it turned out -- I'm not sure what about it exactly he didn't like. I thinnk it's great for a beginner!
These projects don't have seams -- they are just fabric sewn with batting in between and then trimmed around the stitches (so you can see the batting along the edges). The pieces are held together with buttons. I'm sure one of the next projects coming up will get into sewing seams.
1 comment:
Well, I am envious... McKay already knows more about sewing than I do!!! That is fabulous. He'll have to give me lessons. =)
Post a Comment