Monday, December 10, 2007

A Tooth Story


I took Hannah in to the dentist today. We noticed her top front tooth is growing in over a baby tooth that hasn't come out yet. (I tried to take a picture.)



The dentist took a look and repeated what I’ve been told before about Hannah’s mouth being too crowded and needing other teeth pulled as well. She suggested pulling all the teeth at the same time and using (oral) sedation because of how anxious Hannah has been about it (she was really worried when she heard that sometimes they do shots to numb your mouth).

Hannah will end up getting 5 teeth pulled! The baby top front tooth that is not coming out, plus two more on top (just next to the front teeth) and two on the bottom. We have scheduled the appointment for the 21st. All 4 kids already have an appt. that day for a regular check-up and cleaning (Hayley’s first time!) and they said it wouldn’t be a problem to just do Hannah’s cleaning while we are waiting for the sedation to kick in.

It looks like Hannah inherited her mother's small mouth, as I also had to have 4 teeth pulled when I was a kid. I predict she is in for some major orthodontic work in the future!

P.S. She made sure to ask the dentist if she could keep the teeth they pull out for the tooth fairy.

No comments: