Dad is the head pumpkin carver, but he has lots of willing helpers (and Mom is officialy photographer). First job is to scoop out the insides. The girls were excited to help, but not making a lot of progress. Two seeds at a time would make for a long night!
So I got to take over the scooping job while the kids worked on the face design. Dad might be the carver, but the kids are the designers. We had them each draw their idea on a piece of paper and then we all picked which parts we'd use -- McKay's mouth, Courtney's nose, Hannah's eyebrows, etc. Then the kids are very watchful to make sure Dad does it right!
(Hayley's the only one paying attention to pose, but wow! look at that dirty window! Actually I think Courtney "cleaned" it for me not too long ago...)
(I have to include this picture because I thought it was funny and it illustrates one of Hannah's habits that is driving me nuts. Do you see that little tongue of hers just looking for some hair to chew on? Aargh! She has already chewed enough of her hair off that we had to layer it (it used to be all one length) -- I hope she outgrows this habit soon!)
The kids also wanted to try their hand at carving. McKay took over the mouth -- and the whole time he was carving, he kept making comments about how he wasn't going to repeat his mishap of last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment