I'm so proud of my Hannah this morning.
This morning was the "Academic Pep Rally" at the elementary school. They have one at the end of each grading period to recognize the honor roll and give out a few other awards. Hannah was so excited this morning on the way to school and couldn't wait to get there. She told me she really hoped she got the "Miss Manners" award for 3rd grade. (They choose one boy and one girl from each grade who have the best manners in the cafeteria and hallways. The winners get to go to lunch in town with the principal.)
Well, she was recognized for the "A" Honor Roll, but she didn't win "Miss Manners" for 3rd grade. However, Courtney did win "Miss Manners" for 1st grade. I was worried that Hannah would be disappointed or upset that Courtney won but she didn't, so I found her after the assembly. I wasn't sure if I'd find her in tears, but she had a big smile on her face and just said "Mom, I'm so happy for Courtney!"
I'm so happy too.
2 comments:
Awesome!! Can I send my kids over to learn better manners. :)
oh, that's so sweet! you have such amazing kids, gayle. can i send mine to you?
Post a Comment