Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Weakness...

Today we managed to bake and frost one of my favorite holiday (or anytime!) treats -- sugar cookies! Oh man, I eat way too many of these things, which is why we don't make them very often.

The kids were excited to help cut out...


and frost the cookies...


(only McKay forgot to come inside after getting Courtney and help frost even though he had just been in helping put food coloring in the frosting -- he claims his doesn't "have a good brain" and was quite upset that he missed out)

Hannah and Courtney did pretty good at spreading the frosting on their own (and managing to eat some along the way)



Hayley's favorite were the sprinkles (which she kept calling frosting). At first, she would take a plain cookie and just try to dump sprinkles all over it. And she actually did pretty good at restraining herself from too many sprinkles once we got started. That's not to say we didn't end up with cookies with lots of sprinkles!


(These were done by Courtney...)



YUMMY!

2 comments:

Amy said...

At least you have lots of little people to help eat the cookies... I have been doing lots of baking and have eaten WAY too many cookies these past few days! Tomorrow we're going to try to deliver them to some friends - I need to get the cookies out of the house!

Sandra said...

I'm sad to say that I don't even try to bake cookies these days....although I really should! Maybe over the weekend since I don't have to work Monday....we'll see!