
I took the kids swimming this morning and it turned out to be probably the least crowded day we've ever been at one of the community pools. I think that had something to do with it being in the morning and the threat of more rainy weather. The first pool we went to we found out was closed for its "inservice day" (we thought we had checked the schedule, but apparently we didn't check close enough). So we decided to go to the "Frog Pool" which we hadn't been to yet this summer. (The kids know the pools by the theme of the kiddie pool slide.)

It was a great swim day! Hannah and Courtney are really gaining confidence in their ability to go underwater and we even dunked Hayley a few times and she didn't seem to mind so much. (She is getting a little too brave in the water for my liking. She thinks she can just go wherever she wants all on her own.)
McKay was really excited that this pool had a diving board (and a slide). He jumped off several times (feet first). However, he can't wear his goggles on the diving board or slide and the chlorine really bothered his eyes this time. Even later tonight, the skin area around his eyes was really red.

During the "safety break" while we were there, the lifeguards asked for any volunteers to be their "victim" while they practiced their rescue skills. Hannah was quick to volunteer, although I don't think she knew what she was getting in to. They had her go out into the water, then one lifeguard came out to "rescue" her and take her over to the side.

Then they used a board to lift her out of the water...

And performed CPR (I was pretty surprised she was so still and cooperative through all this).

Here she is, safe and sound!

A few more water pictures (I've been a busy photographer these last couple of days!)

I loved the water droplets in the water on this one... 
No comments:
Post a Comment