Wednesday, June 27, 2007

When it rains...

Today is turning out to be one of those days where I'm asking myself, "What next?". It started out this morning when my hair dryer just up and quit on me a couple of minutes into drying my hair. I had to pull out an old, noisy small one to finish (at least we had that to use).


Then I went to do some cleaning and needed to change the vacuum cleaner bag and discovered that the hose that connects the bag to the vacuum had a big crack in it. (I took this picture to e-mail to Brian.)






Then I went outside to pick up a paper from the driveway and noticed that our lawn wasn't looking so great. (It really needs to be mowed, but rainy weather the last couple of weekends has prevented that.) I saw that most of the grass in the front looks like this:



A little research on-line led to the conclusion that this is most likely "Gray Leaf Spot," a common disease in St. Augustine grass, but it doesn't look like there is an easy treatment for "everyday" homeowners. (I need to try to research this more -- if anyone has dealt with this before, help!)


I printed a couple of things I found on Gray Leaf Spot disease, but can't read them because our printer toner is gone. What will be next?? :-)


I realize that these are relatively minor problems and most are easily fixed, so I shouldn't be complaining. I feel bad when I "dump" all these problems on Brian. He's got so much else to worry about right now (work, real estate, plus my computer that just had the power supply go out, etc.). I try to do what I can to help, like researching stuff, but some things I just need his help with. I'm lucky to be married to a man of so many talents!

[Update]
Well, here's the next thing already... Did a load of laundry that included some fairly new jean capris that have been washed several times already. Turns out I shoudln't have washed them with some of my lighter colors (it was a smaller load today, so I threw all the colors together). Courtney's pink PJs now have a nice blue tint to them. (sigh...)

Today is certainly not turning out to be a very productive day (at least not as productive as I hoped).

No comments: