Hmmm... it's been too long since I last posted, but there hasn't been an awful lot of excitement going on around here, so I thought I'd share another of Hannah's stories.
Here is Miss Hannah herself a couple of weeks ago, when she decided to make herself a "house" underneath the piano. (Notice she brought everything she could possibly need!)
She wrote this story quite a while ago and didn't finish it initially. When I asked her if she wanted to finish it, she said she would, but did the ending in a hurry.
So, without further ado, I present:

Ruby Rabbit Has Problems
by Hannah, age 8
She even made a back jacket page for it:
Ruby has problems. How will she solve them?
Once there was a kind rabbit named Ruby. Every day she went along her business. Mopping floors, helping neighbors, and taking care of herself.

Everything was fine, until! One day Ruby couldn't find her mop, wasn't taking care of herself so Ruby was very tired one day and didn't want to help her neighbors! All day she was very lazy. Ruby Rabbit has problems! Her neighbors would say.

One day bumble bee tried to help, by making her a new broom. But accidentally she spilled honey on it . Daisy Deer tried to help by offering Ruby a treadmill. But she used it too much and it ran out of power.

But Daisy Deer got Ruby some batteries and bumble bee mailed a broom. And Ruby got back on track.

The end
Even though her ending is a bit abrupt, I love the great message in her story! Take care of others and yourself too. (And what a problem to use a treadmill TOO much!)
In addition to writing stories, Hannah is also turning into quite the little artist these days. She is very good at looking at a picture in a book and trying to replicate it. She's also learned recently how to draw horses. Here are some pictures she recently brought home from school.

I can't wait to discover what other talents this girl has to share with us!
1 comment:
what a talented girl! i think you have a future author/artist on your hands!
Post a Comment