Monday, May 4, 2009

Backyard Campers

Last weekend was the Father-Son campout. It was done on a stake level and held at one of the Boy Scout camps about 2 hours from here. (One of McKay's reasons for never being disappointed in having another sister was that he wouldn't have to share Dad on Father-Son campouts.)

McKay and Brian left Friday afternoon and the girls and I had a girl movie night (they picked "Sleeping Beauty"). The boys got rained on overnight and our older, smaller tent they took leaked so they got pretty wet. But they seemed to enjoy it nonetheless and didn't see too terribly miserable when they got home.

The wet tent got set outside to dry out and later on Saturday, McKay pulled Hannah outside to help him set it up again. They the two of them begged and pleaded and begged some more to be allowed to sleep outside in the tent. I was worried it might rain again or get too chilly, but we finally gave in to the begging.


Courtney begged too, but unfortunatley there was only enough room for two in this tent. So to help appease her, I suggested that she and Hayley could switch bunkbeds and sleep in Hannah and McKay's beds. They seemed satisfied with that compromise (whew!).


The two campers were so excited to go out to bed. They both were very well prepared with MP3 players, books, flashlights, etc.


I have no idea how late they stayed up, but we didn't hear from them during the night and they came in before 7:00am the next morning. I guess that's one advantage to camping in the backyard -- easy access to the comforts of home!

No comments: