
(Hannah was very sad that we used Cool Whip for the frosting instead of regular frosting. She is a big frosting fan, but doesn't like Cool Whip (so we had to scrape it off her piece).
We did end up making the trek over to the mall parking lot for the fireworks last night. We went about an hour early and were able to find a spot without too much trouble. There were a lot of people already there set up in their chairs, so we put ours out in the empty spot just behind where we parked.

We passed the time by playing a couple rounds of Uno...

... and Duck, Duck Goose

(Hayley kept trying to play Duck, Duck, Goose after the fireworks started. She kept going to each of the kids and patting them on their heads.)
I tried taking a picture of the fireworks, but I didn't have the right camera settings to capture it well, so this is what I got. (The bright light in the corner is the street light in the mall parking light -- we hoped they would turn the lights off, but they didn't.)

The kids seemed to enjoy the show, so I'm glad we made the effort. We got the kids back home about 10:00pm and swim lessons early this morning got canceled (due to more rain) so they were able to sleep in a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment