Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Lake Dillon

I've been trying to organize my pictures from Colorado into categories so I can post them in smaller "batches" instead of one enormous, long post. (Not that any of them will be that small, either, because I have this habit of taking lots of pictures!)

First up, our first walk down to see Lake Dillon after arriving at the condo. This was on Saturday afternoon. McKay told us several times that it should be called "Dillon Reservoir" instead because it is a reservoir with a dam, but we told him that someone decided to call it "Lake Dillon" and he couldn't change the name.




Lake Dillon is a favorite spot for sailboats!






We walked along the pathway for a little while (it's pretty much right behind the condo).





The girls found lots of wildflowers. Despite our reminder to not pick the flowers so others could enjoy them, they still managed to pick their share.






We walked down to a small floating dock where a few people were fishing (which got McKay started with begging to go fishing -- he can be relentless sometimes!).





Loved the weather, loved the scenery, loved the company!

No comments: