Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Circus Has Arrived

Since Brian is out of town, I told the kids last night that for FHE we could go do something fun -- ice cream cones at Chick-Fil-A. (Of course they were very excited and even motivated enough to clean up the game room before we left!) I had a couple of coupons for ice cream but it turned out that Monday night is kid's night and ice cream is free for everybody!

I noticed several kids with their faces painted and while the kids were playing in the play area (I told them they could play for a minute), and I asked another mom about it. She said there was a guy there doing free face paintings as part of kid’s night. I wasn’t going stay any later, but as soon as Hannah heard that, she was out the play area door and over in the man’s chair. So I gave in and let the girl’s get their faces painted (McKay had absolutely no desire to have his done). I must say this artist was much better than any other face paintings the kids have had done before (usually just by high school students).

So here is the circus that came home last night to our house.


Hannah the ferocious tiger:


She had great fun roaring and trying to scare everybody else.


Courtney the horse:


And Hayley the unicorn (she debated between a kitty and a unicorn and finally went with the unicorn):



And McKay was quite happy to sit and eat a second free ice cream cone while the girls got painted. :-)


Too bad they had to pretty much wash it right off after we got home!

No comments: