Saturday, February 16, 2008

Introducing Mario Party... The Board Game

Hannah & Courtney had been playing Nintendo (Mario Party 2) for a little bit this morning and then I noticed that Hannah was busy at work on some project at the kitchen table. A little while later, it was time to go to Courtney's gymnastics class and she protested that she wasn't finished, so she put a bunch of stuff in a plastic bag and brought it with her to work on at the gym. Turns out that gymnastics was cancelled today due to some maintenance problems, so we just turned around and came back home.

Later she asked me if I had some dice she could borrow and was excited to show me her creation -- Mario Party 2 board game!


Now I'll admit I don't know a lot about Mario Party (haven't played that one yet) but I know that it has been one of the kid's favorite games. Here she is showing her Princess Peach figure (she put little stands on them and everything).



The girls all call the "Toad" character "Todd" for some reason (I guess Hannah just initially read it wrong and it has stuck). I tried to correct them, but she told me they think that he looks more like a "Todd" and that's more of a regular person's name, so they wanted to call him "Todd." (I said okay!)

Now I don't think they ever actually played her new game today -- it all got put in a Ziploc and set on the counter. But she sure had a lot of fun making it! (And that might be the extent of it, but that's okay!)

No comments: