Sunday, February 17, 2008

Early Easter Dresses


I was at Target the other day and saw that they had their girl's Spring/Easter dresses out, so of course I couldn't resist looking. Hannah has been complaining for the last quite a while that she doesn't like any of her dresses. (She is good at finding things to complain about!) A friend in the ward gave me a bunch of hand-me-down dresses that are the more "frilly" and "fancy" dresses and Hannah was so excited, but unfortunately, they are all too big for her still. Every Sunday, Hannah would cry about not being able to wear the "fancy" dresses, so I finally had to move them out of her closet so she wouldn't see them anymore.

I saw some cute chiffon dresses at Target and decided to get them for the girls, thinking they would be their Easter dresses this year. I decided to not get totally matching dresses, but for Hannah & Courtney I got the same style of dress in different colors. Hayley is still in toddler sizes and they had a similar style dress but not in the size I would normally get for her. I ended up getting the next bigger size (5T) and hoped it wouldn't completely drown her. I had my hopes up that Hannah would approve of this dress (she can be quite picky sometimes) because (1) it didn't have a tie in the back, which she always complains about on other dresses and (2) it could be considered "fancy" without being too "poofy" (which she also doesn't like).

I showed the girls the dresses and they were all excited about them. Hannah said she liked hers (I told her she'd better be sure because I didn't want her wearing it once and then telling me she didn't like it, which has happened with other dresses). Now the problem was she didn't want to wait until Easter to wear it! She has been begging me for a new dress for so long that I decided to go ahead and let them wear their new dresses to church today. I don't think Hannah could have lasted until Easter, unless I bought her another new dress in the meantime! And fortunately, Hayley's dress fit her okay. Such cute girls!


P.S. On the way to church, Hannah told me that her dress was really wrinkly. I told her it was supposed to be like that -- that's what the chiffon fabric is like. She said she didn't like the way it felt on her fingers when she rubbed it (I knew she would find something not to like!). Then during church, she told me she didn't like how itchy the zipper was. :-)

No comments: