I have been trying to decide recently what to do about Hayley's naps. I must say that she has been a regular napper far longer than any of the other kids were, but it seems to be tapering off in the last month or so. Some of that is because of scheduling issues where she just doesn't get down for a nap and other times it's because I've simply let her stay up.
The problem has been that when I do let her nap (and I try to never let her sleep past 4:00pm), she has a hard time going to bed. She will be awake in her room until quite late and sometimes it can be a big in-and-out-of-bed struggle.
On the other hand, if she goes too many days without a nap, something like this happens:
This was about dinnertime one evening as she sat watching TV. Or, if we have to run a later afternoon errand, she will fall asleep in her car seat. I know those are signs she is not getting enough sleep and probably still needs the naps. There are just some days when I'd rather take the easier bedtime!
Lately, she never gets a nap on Mondays, Tuesdays or Thursdays (due to piano lessons and Courtney's preschool), but I've been trying when I can to put her down the other days. She will usually go to sleep (but not always). Then I just have to be careful that she doesn't sleep too late or we're really in trouble at bedtime!
No comments:
Post a Comment