Last Thursday I saw a new listing on the online classifieds (yes, I'm still always checking them!) from a lady who was selling boxes of kid's books for .50 cents each. She said she had over 400 books from preschool to pre-teen. But she was out in Magnolia, so it wasn't really close. I debated and finally decided to go look through what she had on Friday. I couldn't go until the kids got home from school, so they all got to come with me.
She had the books in boxes in her garage (along with other stuff she was selling). I had told the kids before we left that they could each choose 2-3 books. But of course, once they started looking, they each had a huge pile of books that they wanted. McKay found some Magic School Bus books (he specifically asked her if she had non-fiction books), Hannah found a bunch of chapter books about dogs and horses and Courtney & Hayley mostly picked up little Barbie paperback books. I started trying to narrow down their piles when the lady told me she loved to see kids excited about books so we could have them for a quarter each.
So we took all the piles and came home with 44 books! Not that they're great classics or anything -- we have more Barbie books now than I really care to own. And I had just been thinking earlier in the week that I need to start packing up some books because I get so tired of piles of books everywhere I look (that's mostly due to Hayley). But the kids were so excited about the books they'd picked out and I'd rather bring home piles of books than bags of toys, so we got them all. And now they are all over the house! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment