Yesterday Hayley and I met up with a few other moms and kids for a little outing to the Amarillo Zoo. This was our second time to visit the zoo -- we went once earlier in the summer with all the kids. The Amarillo Zoo is very small and only has a handful of animals (but I'm not complaining too much because it's free!) so it doesn't take long to see it.
Here's my cute Hayley:
And here are some (well, most) of the animals we saw:
monkeys...
turtles...
buffalo...
lions...
I had a hard time photographing through some of the fences, so I got to practice a little with manual focus!
The lions were mostly laying around, but while we were there a loud airplane flew right overhead, so the lion perked up his head (wasn't he so nice to pose for me!)
tigers...
bobcats...
wallabys...
potbellied pigs...
(Hayley could not understand how this big black creature could be a pig.)
hmm... not exactly sure what this next one is, maybe an impala?
donkeys...
miniature horses...
and goats...
There were a few others, but that was pretty much the extent of the zoo.
Afterward, the kids played on the little zoo play area and we had a nice picnic lunch.
I have to share this picture of my friend Emily's cute little baby:
Hayley tried out sliding head first on her stomach. Check out the static hair at the bottom!
We had a fun morning! (Shh - Just don't tell my other kids, because they tend to get very jealous of all the fun stuff Hayley gets to do with Mom while they're away at school.)
3 comments:
Good pics of the animals!
And Hayley, too, of course!
I love your blog! You are a great photographer! I'd love to take the class you're taking, as I'm trying to improve my picture-taking ~ do you know if they'll be offering it again? Hi to your cute family!
Post a Comment